Double Chocolate Pistachio Popsicle’s
First recipe of the year and its one I think you will all love! Chocolate and popsicles are enjoyed by most and joining them together may seem like a real treat. Most conventional popsicles are filled with artificial ingredients, coloring and flavorings. If you don’t already make your own I strongly recommend that you do. Popsicles are easy to make, do not take a lot of time and best of all you can taylor make your own desired flavors. We are a chocolate loving family and pistachios are high on our list too. I’ve combined some of our favorites into this popsicle and hope you will love them as much as we do too.
When feeding my kids I like to make sure that every bite counts in fueling their bodies with essential vitamins and minerals. Popsicles are a huge hit in our home. Making them as nourishing as possible not only fuels the body and cools them down but you can sneakily get in some extra vegetables as well. This recipe is one of our favorites and kids from all different ages enjoy these when coming over for a play dates. Best of all they have no idea how nutritious these popsicles are and would never suspect it either!
Why are these so nourishing? These popsicles have a good amount of essential fats through the coconut milk and avocados that feed the brain and growing little bodies. Raw cacao powder is a fantastic antioxidant and a plant base source of iron and magnesium along side the kale or spinach. Sprinkling pistachio nuts or other nuts on top add in protein, fiber and aid in a healthier heart.
Personally I think starting the year with a healthy popsicle and chocolate is a great way to start. Speaking of which I sometimes give these to my kids for breakfast and it sure does put a smile on their face and a skip in their step. I wish every one of you a happy and healthy 2018.
- 500g Coconut Milk (unsweetened) I use homemade
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 1 Avocado
- 8 Dates pitted and chopped]
- 3 – 4 Raw Cacao powder
- 1/2-1 Cup Kale or Spinach (frozen or fresh)
- Raw Chocolate
- 100g raw cacao butter or coconut oil melted or 50/50 of each
- 20g cacao powder
- 2-3 tablespoons sweetener ( maple syrup, rice malt syrup or honey)
- Blend all ingredients and pour into molds.
- Freeze 4 hours or until set
- Melt the cacao butter or coconut oil over a very low heat. Temperature should be lukewarm. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined. Once the popsicles are frozen dip the tip of the popsicles into the chocolate mixture and sprinkle the chopped pistachios on top if desired.