Beeswax is a natural wax produced by honey bees. The wraps are made from a fabric such as organic cotton which is then coated in the beeswax along with another oil such as jojoba or coconut oil. The wax coating is waterproof and keeps produce from spoiling. Beeswax wraps should last anywhere between 1-6 months and can be refreshed by warming them on a low heat in the oven for a few minutes. The beeswax wrap can be used in so many helpful ways.
- Cover fresh produce such as a sliced mango, half a lemon or avocado.
- Seal over the top of a bowl or glass jar to keep food fresh.
- Fold them into a pocket to store snacks.
- Wrap them around your shampoo or soap bar when you travel.
- Cover drinks in large glass bottles, mason jars or bottles.
- Keep your loaf of bread covered or use them to wrap around cakes and muffins.
- Line the shelves or drawers in your fridge (remove, wash, replace).
Watch this video tutorial on how to use Beeswax Wraps.
Tip: If you are searching for a vegan option, or prefer not to use a beeswax product, the silicon pouch, stainless steel tin and fabric produce bags are all wonderful options in the Bye Bye Plastic Box.