Morning habits set the way for the rest of the day. Coffee rituals are hard to kick and sometimes warm lemon water just doesn’t do the trick. I need a boost in the morning to get me fired up and this non-alcoholic cocktail seems to give me that morning sparkle I so desire with many other benefits. I must be honest that I have never been a lover of ginger and what urged me to make this Organic Zesty Ginger Beer with a twist (non alcoholic) must have been exactly what my body was yearning.
Listening to the body and its aches and pains are your first signs that some attention is required. Taking the time to engage in your body will only reap benefits in the long run. When my kids were babies I would run my hand along their body to get to know each and every bump that was there. A mere 5 minutes in the morning or night is all that it took. Not only was I connecting with my babies by way of touch but I was learning about their little bodies in case something was to come up and they were not able to tell me except through their cries. As they get older their ways of communicating increases so when they have a sore tummy or an ear ache they are able to express it.
This home made organic ginger beer is easy to make. I love the addition of organic Baobab powder as it is a real nutritional booster. Baobab powder is an antioxidant and has prebiotic properties. It is a natural source of dietary fibre, minerals and organic acids. Baobab has 3.6 more calcium than milk and 3.6 more Vitamin C than oranges. Organic Maca powder has different properties that are beneficial for regulating hormones and increased energy.
I made a batch that lasted the week. Alter the ginger to your own needs and tastes. Being a novice with so much ginger and especially having it in the morning I didn’t find it too overpowering. My kids on the other hand found it a bit too punchy however a small sip from the onset of when I made this they slowly progressed to downing a shot glass all be it reluctantly but they did it!
Serving Size : 4 people
Prep Time : 20 minute
Cook Time : 10 minute
Passive Time : 10 minute
- 100g Fresh Ginger (peeled)
- 2 tsp Ground ginger
- 2 tbsp Baobab powder
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar (or sticky brown sugar)
- 2 piece Large Lemons (juice of both and zest of 1 if you like)
- 1cup Boiled water
- 750ml Sparkling water
- Fresh mint
- Lemon slice
- Lots of ice
- Blitz the fresh ginger and baobab powder in a handled blender or food processor
- Mix all of the ingredients, except the water, together in a small pot, add in 1 cup of water and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved, leave to cool, and seep for a further 5-10 minutes
- Strain the mixture to a glass jug or wide-necked bottle, top with sparkling water, or adjust to taste and refrigerate until needed, or serve immediately over ice with fresh mint and lemon wedges