A quick and easy salad that is colourful, tasty and will impress friends, even those who are not vegan. Last week I shared a recipe on how to make Vegan Feta. You will need the Vegan Feta recipe to make this delicious salad. Continuing with a vegan series of recipes by Buffi to ease you into the world of plant based foods that you can easily make at home.
Meet Buffi, creator of ROAR FITNESS HEALTH, an online health & fitness platform. Sign up to one of her many barre & fitness challenges, follow her awesome beauty & food guide, and if you are in Bali, take a strong female fit class at the Canggu Studio.
I am a huge fan of these Puy lentils. They are light, healthy & a great source of protein if you are vegan. Not only that, they don’t need to be pre-soaked, just boil for 15-20min and they are good to go. I like them with a little bit of bite to them so tend not to hit the 20 minute mark.
This is a quick simple salad that tends to wow all my guests, it looks fancy or exotic I guess, but is so quick to make. Great as a lunch main or a side dinner dish.
Remember that super easy vegan feta recipe? Well you’re going to need that for this recipe. All ingredients are available at Zero Waste Bali healthy food and grocery store. Bonus you get as much as you need plastic free.
Serves 4 pax as side salad
- 1.5cup Puy lentils, boiled and drained
- 1.5 cups Cherry tomatoes, red or yellow, sliced in half
- Large handful fresh parsley or coriander bunch, chopped.
- 1 medium Red onion, chopped in thin small slices
- ½ cup pitted green olives (smashed with back of a fork)
- Half lemon squeezed
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- Prep all your ingredients
- Mix lentils, tomatoes, herbs, onion and olives into a bowl
- Create a dressing with the oil, lemon and some of the brine from the olives.
- Mix dressing into the lentils bowl. Season to taste.
- Dish up! Garnish with some small slices of lemon and fresh herbs.
Enjoy this dish on its own or as a side. It makes for a great dish at a vegan dinner party, or really nicely with salmon for those not vegan. Enjoy as a brunch with poached eggs or scrambled tofu. Great as a snack with some steamed broccoli.
Get moving with Buffi and try her online Barre session or take advantage of her great 2-4-1 deal of 10 sessions for you and a friend.
LINK TO JOIN ONLINE PROGRAM: https://www.roarfitnesshealth.com/join-us/