Healthy body and mind go hand in hand with healthy food and exercise. You are in for a treat with a FREE BARRE session (link below) and a delicious vegan feta recipe (recipe below). Both the exercise and recipe can be done in the comfort of your own home.
Meet Buffi, creator of ROAR FITNESS HEALTH, an online health & fitness platform. Sign up to one of her many barre & fitness challenges, follow her awesome beauty & food guide, and if you are in Bali, take a strong female fit class at the Canggu Studio.
After 12 years in the fashion industry, she turned herself from fashion-stylist into fitness bad ass! You might remember her from Project Runway Season 10!
A hardcore passionate cook, eco-warrior & all round zero-waster, Buffi loves to cook super healthy food, going organic as often as possible, and does her best to leave little a carbon foot print.
“Zero Waste Bali has been an absolute blessing. I get all my ingredients for my vegan recipes. I absolutely love the concept of buying produce without packaging, as I have always liked to keep my containers. Not only is it good for the body to cook with good quality ingredients, but it is good for the soul. I find cooking an active form of meditation, from preparing the food, & that includes sourcing my produce, to preparing it. Good food can be quick & easy, and above all a real pleasure to enjoy!”
Join Buffi & Zero Waste this month, as she shares some excellent recipes with our customers.
It turns out that this vegan feta tastes exactly like the real thing! So why not be kinder to the cows and go for this almond based feta cheese instead.
- almond flour 1.5cups
- 4 tablespoons Lemon
- 3-4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 5 teaspoons Dried Rosemary and/or thyme (or herbs of choice)
- 2-4 Garlic cloves - 1-3pc
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons water
Lay a 2-foot piece of parchment paper on the table and lightly grease with olive oil.
Preheat the oven to hot!
- In the food processor, mix all ingredients, except for the herbs, on high speed for 5 minutes, until you get a smooth paste.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of dried herbs and pulse to blend.
- Transfer the mixture to the center of the laid out parchment paper.
- Lift and bring the four corners of the parchment paper together.
- Tighten the wrap around the paste creating a flat disk shaped ball. Remove from the paper and shape it with your hands. If your hands have some olive oil this will be easier.
- Lay out the remaining herbs, and coat the disk.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer the herb coated feta wheel onto the parchment paper.
- Bring the temp of the oven down to medium heat. Place the baking sheet on the middle oven rack and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the feta wheel starts to turn golden around the edges.
- Take out of the oven and pour lemon juice & olive oil over the heated feta, it’ll absorb the flavours and moisture so it's not too dry.
- Cool before serving.
Eat as you would with feta. I love it on warm toast with olives, sun dried tomatoes and olive oil.
Get moving with Buffi and try her online Barre session FREE
LINK TO JOIN ONLINE PROGRAM: https://www.roarfitnesshealth.com/join-us/
Preview YouTube video At the Barre