Walnut Nutella is it really a thing? You bet it is! This recipe comes to you via Jade Sharkel (Photography) and Anya Lily (plant based recipe developer) via instagram Morning Earth. Now may I say what a creation this is. Healthy, chocolate spread that you will love.
You can simply spread this on toast, add to smoothies, use a chocolate dip with fruits for a special treat or even add to your favourite milk and make a milk shake.
Full recipe below
Makes 1 jar
Dark Chocolate Walnutella
2 cups raw walnuts
1 cup roughly chopped dark chocolate (we used 70% cocoa)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 pinch sea salt
1/4 cup coconut nectar
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
1. Roast the walnuts at 180c in the oven for about 6 minutes
2. Roughly peel off the walnut skins, you don’t have to do all of them - about half will do
3. Blend the walnuts in a food processor on medium for about 15 minutes, scraping the sides down every minute or so
4. Melt the chocolate
5. Add the melted chocolate and other ingredients to the food processor and blend until really smooth
6. Put in glass jar or in our case straight onto toast!
I much prefer making chocolate sauce with melted chocolate rather than cocoa powder and coconut oil because I find it just gives a richer, more satisfying spread.