Organic Red Quinoa Seeds
Origin: South America
Red Quinoa, as the name suggests, is a red grain packed with protein and amino acids unlike wheat and rice. It is known to be rich in lysine, aiding healthy tissue growth in the body. Despite typically being prepared like rice, red quinoa can be used as a baking grain and addition to salads.
What are the health benefits of Red Quinoa?
- Helps regulate blood sugar levels. Lysine found in red quinoa helps with tissue repair and growth.
- Keeps you full and more satisfied than white rice. High protein and fiber content in red quinoa delays gastric emptying.
- A rich source of protein for vegans and vegetarians who do not consume meat.
- Provides us with 10% daily value of iron, it is low in fat and contains only healthy unsaturated fat that helps to keep cholesterol levels low and helps maintain heart health.
- Is Gluten-free, hence it is suitable for those who cannot eat gluten-rice foods and who avoid dairy products.
- Has a high manganese content that helps regulate blood sugar levels and maintain strong and healthy bones.
- Easy to digest and can make a good diet for diabetics too for it contains a low glycemic index.