Bye Bye Plastic Box
Bye Bye Plastic Box
Bye Bye Plastic Box
The Zero Waste Bali Bye Bye Plastic Box is available as a one-off purchase. Each box contains exactly what you need to start your zero-waste journey or continue with your eco-friendly lifestyle.
Bali needs our help to keep the ocean clean and the surrounding environment on the island free from harmful waste. Natural, organic, sustainable products are all you will ever find in our Bye Bye Plastic box; created with only the best products available from our Zero Waste Bali Store.
The Bye Bye Plastic Box features a wonderful combination of lifestyle products, beauty essentials, bathroom and kitchen alternatives and convenient travel items to help you start making a positive difference to our planet; today!
The Zero Waste Bali Bye Bye Plastic Box:
- Reusable Stainless Steel Water Bottle 1
- Bamboo Toothbrush x 1
- Silicon Pouches (Set Of 2)
- Bamboo Straw x 1
- Shampoo Bar x 1
- Soap Bar x 1
- Tote Bag x 1
- Loofah x 1
- Stainless Steel Food Container x 1
- Bamboo Cotton Buds x 1 Pack
- Dish Washing Sponge x 1
- Produce Bags (Set Of 3)
- Beeswax Wrap x 1
- Silicone Lids (Set Of 5)
- Laundry Soap Bar x1
- Castile Soap Bar x 1
Reusable Water Bottle:
Swapping out a plastic single-use water bottle for an eco-friendly alternative is one of the easier zero-waste swaps available! Plastic bottles go through an extensive pollutant filled process to create. Aside from environmental benefits, reusable water bottles have many other advantages over disposable ones. Furthermore, plastic is not only bad for the earth, but it also has consequences for human health.
Plastic bottles require the use of BPA or Bisphenol. This is the reason why reusable bottles are sometimes labelled as BPA Free; which is a good thing. BPA is a chemical that companies use to make plastic clear and tough. BPA is a harmful toxin and not something that we need to be associated with our drinking water.
At Zero Waste Bali, we believe that once you start using a water bottle, you won't be able to go back to those single-use plastic bottles ever again!
- A stainless steel water bottle is reusable, making it cost-effective (it saves you money).
- A single-use plastic water bottle is terrible news for the environment.
- Take advantage of the free water refill stations.
- You can bring your new stainless steel water bottle with you when you go to work, to the beach, to the gym, yoga class, on the plane; just pop it into your tote bag!
- They look fantastic; decorate them with your favourite eco-friendly stickers.
The bamboo toothbrush is so effective as an eco-friendly swap. Similar to plastic water bottles, plastic toothbrushes do not decompose. Once your bamboo toothbrush is ready to be replaced, go ahead and remove the bristles then place the bamboo stick into the compost. Do you enjoy gardening or planting vegetables? Label the bamboo sticks and use them for identifying your plants as they grow. A bamboo toothbrush helps to eliminate one of the most prevalent forms of ocean pollution; plastic single-use toothbrushes! Here's why:
- A bamboo toothbrush looks beautiful in your bathroom cabinet stored in a reusable glass jar.
- Bamboo toothbrushes are biodegradable and can be returned to the earth without harming the environment.
- They are safe and ideal for the whole family.
Tip: Be sure to dry your toothbrush with a towel to avoid mould. Bamboo is an organic material, so it is best to keep it clean and dry. Replace your toothbrush every 2 - 3 months as recommended by dentists for our health and wellbeing.
The silicone pouch is a plastic-free item that can be reused in place of plastic wrap and plastic zip-lock bags! They are perfect for school lunch boxes, storing fruit and vegetables, packing sandwiches, freezing meals and are an eco-friendly addition to any kitchen.
Are you not convinced? Silicone pouches should be used over and over without having to worry about leaking, spillage or your food going to waste. The pouches come in a variety of sizes and colours plus they can be used outside of the kitchen too. Food storage and packaging contributes to a large amount of single-use plastic waste every day, so go ahead and try these nifty silicone pouches!
- Try using the pouch to store broken make-up or as a quick cosmetic bag.
- Fill the pouch with ice for a quick ice pack when needed.
- Pack your jewellery into one to avoid it going missing in the bottom of your bag.
- Ideal for storing herbs, nuts, oats, seeds in place of bulky containers.
As we continue to wait on large corporations to act on banning and removing single-use plastic packaging such as straws, we as consumers can start playing our part today. Plastic straws are a complete disaster, one that serves us only by way of convenience. It is estimated that roughly 8.3 billion plastic straws are currently polluting our beaches along with the 8 million tons of plastic that flow into the ocean every year. Our Zero Waste Bali bamboo straws are:
- Bamboo straws are 100% Plastic-free.
- Perfect for sipping coconuts on the beach.
- Natural and organic material.
- Safe for children to use.
If you are hesitant to make the switch from your usual liquid shampoo to a solid shampoo bar; our vegan shampoo bars will convert you in no time! Each shampoo bar is scented with natural and organic plant extracts that have health benefits for your scalp and hair. Sold without packaging, shampoo bars drastically reduce plastic bottle waste by up to 2-3 bottles per bar!
Natural beauty products are trending this season with more consumers looking for natural, eco-friendly alternatives that suit their lifestyle. If you often travel, simply store your shampoo bar in a reusable tin and bring it with you on the road. A single plastic bottle can take 450 years to decompose. Making the switch to a shampoo bar is one of the best changes you can make to your beauty routine.
- Not tested on animals.
- Palm Oil Free
Soap bars work by replacing your liquid soap with a solid bar that lathers when it makes contact with water and your skin. Similar to the shampoo bars, soap bars are sold without plastic packaging and are genuinely an eco-friendly option.
Our soap bars are made in Bali from raw, natural ingredients that don’t harm the earth. Premium quality ingredients such as coconut oil, essential oils, plant-based superfoods and real fruit are all you will find in our small-batch soap bars.
- Crafted without harsh chemicals typically found in soap such as sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS).
- Kind to your skin.
- Safe for the whole family.
Everyone needs a tote bag! Start the new year off with the environment in mind and set a new goal to reduce your consumption of plastic bags in 2021. With so many eco-friendly options, zero-waste tote bags are an absolute must-have item.
- Perfect for the farmers market.
- Bring them in your scooter or stash one in the car for unexpected shopping trips.
- Tote bags are great for the beach and the gym to bring all of your eco essentials.
- Grocery shopping has never been easier; the bags won’t break under the weight of your groceries.
Make a statement with the Zero Waste Bali “Don’t Be Trashy” Tote Bag included in the Bye Bye Plastic Box.
The loofah featured in the Bye Bye Plastic Box is 100% natural and locally grown in Indonesia. Made from organic material from the cucumber plant family, it makes an amazing exfoliate for the skin. When using the loofah on the skin, you will notice how it works to remove dead skin to reveal radiant, youthful skin gently.
- Helps protect against dullness and peeling.
- If you have never tried a loofah to exfoliate naturally, it is a beautiful way to treat yourself without the harsh chemicals found in a variety of body scrubs.
- Plastic-Free beauty essentials are so incredible you won’t ever go back to your standard products again.
Alternatively, you can even use them to wash your dishes!
Stainless Steel Food Container:
A cult favourite among eco shoppers; stainless steel food containers are 100% plastic-free! Changing to reusable containers is one of the more difficult swaps to make because take-away plastic packaging is just so convenient! However, it is more important now than ever to start embracing zero-waste alternatives and shift our daily habits. Stainless steel lunch boxes and containers are unique and look great.
- Zero-waste packaging.
- BPA Free (no harsh chemicals).
- Easy to wash and store away.
- Perfect for packing a healthy meal on the go.
- Non-toxic material.
How does something like a basic cotton bud cause harm to the planet? Turns out that cotton buds, or cotton tips, contain plastic. The Cotton Buds in the Bye Bye Plastic Box are made with bamboo and soft cotton. The microplastics end up in our waterways, and this creates a significant risk to our ecosystems. It is estimated that around 1.5 billion single-use plastic cotton buds are mass-produced every day. Thankfully, bamboo cotton buds will do the same job as the plastic ones, but they won’t stay around in the ocean for as long.
- 100% Biodegradable
Dish Washing Sponge:
A reusable dishwashing sponge is essential in any zero-waste kitchen. If you are using a standard dish sponge, there is a good chance that the rough surface (for scrubbing dishes) is made from polyester or nylon. What this means is your regular dish sponge is neither biodegradable or recyclable. Thankfully, our Zero Waste Bali reusable sponge is locally made from burlap (hessian fabric) and filled with natural coconut husk.
- Fully compostable
We are polluting our planet with five trillion plastic shopping bags a year, and less than 3% are recycled. It will take roughly 700 years for a plastic bag to break down into smaller particles only to go on and further pollute the earth.
Avoiding plastic bags is no longer difficult with our three-pack of fabric produce bags. You can use the different sizes to shop in-store for your fruit, vegetables and bread. Skip over the annoying, plastic roll of thin and useless produce bags and place your whole foods into a zero-waste produce bag. They can be used for both storing and carrying your items.
- Use the produce bags to store your food in the fridge.
- Keep bread fresh in the produce bag on the kitchen bench.
- Take your produce bags to the farmers market to buy unpackaged fruit and vegetables.
- The bags are fully compostable.
Beeswax is a natural wax produced by honey bees. The wraps are made from a fabric such as organic cotton which is then coated in the beeswax along with another oil such as jojoba or coconut oil. The wax coating is waterproof and keeps produce from spoiling. Beeswax wraps should last anywhere between 1-6 months and can be refreshed by warming them on a low heat in the oven for a few minutes. The beeswax wrap can be used in so many helpful ways.
- Cover fresh produce such as a sliced mango, half a lemon or avocado.
- Seal over the top of a bowl or glass jar to keep food fresh.
- Fold them into a pocket to store snacks.
- Wrap them around your shampoo or soap bar when you travel.
- Cover drinks in large glass bottles, mason jars or bottles.
- Keep your loaf of bread covered or use them to wrap around cakes and muffins.
- Line the shelves or drawers in your fridge (remove, wash, replace).
Tip: If you are searching for a vegan option, or prefer not to use a beeswax product, the silicon pouch, stainless steel tin and fabric produce bags are all wonderful options in the Bye Bye Plastic Box.
Every item in our home can be swapped for a more eco-friendly option thanks to the fantastic and innovative ideas that remove the need for single-use plastic. Our set of silicone lids will transform how you store food. Each lid is made from a durable and stretchable material that covers the majority of bowls, pots, containers, cups, mugs, and jars with ease.
- Each lid is BPA Free.
- Made from Food Grade Silicon.
- Heat Resistant up to 450F.
- Suitable for use in both the dishwasher and the microwave.
Laundry Soap Bar:
An eco-friendly laundry soap bar is a fantastic way to bring your sustainable lifestyle into your home. If you are travelling, simply pack the soap bar into a tin and use it to wash your hands, clean hard surfaces or pretreat your clothes before the machine wash! This is truly a 3-in-1 soap bar that is both gentle on your skin and the planet. Natural alternatives to harsh laundry soaps are so important. When we use detergents and soap, everything that goes down the drain is a potential hazard for the environment and the waterways.
- Kind to the planet
- 3-in-1 multi-purpose
Castile Soap Bar:
A must-have item in your household - the castile soap bar! These unique soap bars have no added fragrance making them safe for the whole family. Crafted with olive oil, and coconut oil, the soap works to help ensure your skin stays supple and soft without irritation.