Soap Nut Liquid
While you can use the nuts directly in your washing machine to clean your laundry, you can also glean the magical nectar from inside the soap nut by turning it into a tea-type liquid. With this liquid, you’ll be able to do many things. You can use it as liquid laundry detergent. You can use it as dishwasher detergent.
Ingredient : 100% Organic Candle berry Fruit
What Are Soap Nuts?
Soap nuts, also known as soap berries, are fruit produced by a variety of large shrubs and small trees; the most common is the Sapindus mukorossi tree. When the fruit of the tree is ripe, the soap nuts are picked, de-seeded, and the shells are dried in the sun. The shell of the fruit contains a natural soap called saponin that can be used to create cleaning solutions that are completely and utterly chemical-free. Soap nuts are versatile and can replace many conventional detergents, soaps, and cleaners. Despite their name, soap nuts are actually a fruit and won’t trigger nut allergies.
The Benefits of Soap Nuts
- Non-toxic and free of harsh chemicals
- Gentle on delicate clothing
- Perfect for sensitive skin and allergies
- Can be used in natural shampoos and shaving creams
- Traditionally used to remedy lice
- Can clean tarnished metal
- Soap nut saponin can be useful in the remediation of metal contaminated soil
- Has been studied for effects on cancer
How make Naturally Homemade Nut Soap :
- Used in Ayurvedic medicine to promote normal skin complexion
You will need:
- 10 drops of essential oil
- Combine soap nuts and water in a medium pot.
- Bring to a gentle boil. (Watch the pan carefully so suds doesn’t boil over!) Reduce heat, cover, and allow to simmer for 1 hour.
- Allow liquid to cool, then strain and add essential oils for scent. Transfer liquid to a sealed container. Compost or discard soap nuts.